First straight razor shave.

Lazurus

Just got my first straight razor due to needing to tidy the winter beard, never used one before so was a bit nervous to say the least. I must say what a good finish much better than a safety razor and not a drop of claret to be seen. Anyone else using one? Also ideal for trimming the beard line, very "lumberjack" now me.:thumbup:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been using a straight razor for about 4 years now. I'll never go back to a standard or disposable razor. I agree they give the best finish. The reason I switched to a straight, was due to always getting terrible razor rash. I think it helps that the razor gets properly cleaned after each use to prevent the rash.

Just don't shave in a rush!! Always strop it, and hone every 6 ish months

Geo Trumper in London do very good razors and all the bits to go with them. that's where I've got mine