Sawdust on parked cars

hesslemount

Has anyone had problems with members of the public regarding sawdust on parked cars? Here's the background.

Large job clearing black poplar and London plane overhangs going over both sides of B road. All homeowners on 150-M stretch were informed via leaflets 3-days prior and all doors knocked on that day. 1 van was in the way and the only problem was sawdust on the vehicle with no damage. Efforts made to blow it off with Stihl Magnum blower but it was raining.

Lady wants me to pay for professional detailing. I offered £20 to valet as a gesture of goodwill. Lady stated to me and another party no damage was done to vehicle. It was parked in the way 4 doors from the property being visited but no one home.

Legally where do I stand. I realise it's easy washed of etc but given the circumstances how do I stand legally also given potential slanderous remarks on Facebook that I have not responded to for legal reasons.

Has anyone else had this problem and I need to know my legal status. I will keep you posted on the outcome In the interests of you having this problem in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had similar . Had a burn up on some WSCC land . ( to difficult to extract ) mostly Oak . Out of the hundred or so cars parked in the area there was one guy who demanded 400 notes for a respray coz of " ash damage " We decided to offer him 200 quid and he snapped it up . It was worth it to save a complaint to West Sussex CC .

Private company Woody. The car was parked 4 doors up from where job was. Car was in zone house wasn't therefore no leaflet. Had she parked outside house all would have been fine. Car now been professionally detailed with jokes on Facebook and kisses on wait while he gets the bill. Which helps my case no end I guess. All very disappointing really

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk