Fly tipping is encouraged round here.

Shane

Having read the thread about rubbish working practices..

Worthing is planning on becoming the fly-tipping capital.

They recently sent out leaflets to all residents explaining that from now on we have to pay £4 per bag to dump rubble at the amenity tip. There are a few other things too.

They are also closing all local tips for two (deifferent for each tip) days a week.

My initial thought was they didn't realise the consequences, but NO....

enclosed in the mailshot was a load of info on what to do if you see people fly-tipping.

So they will save on overtime for about 12 people, rake in a couple of hundred quid a week from the few who are willing to pay, with the only outlay being a team looking out for fly-tippers and the added cost of tidying up all the mess. Give it six months:thumbdown:

Bah!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They recently sent out leaflets to all residents explaining that from now on we have to pay £4 per bag to dump rubble at the amenity tip. There are a few other things too.

They are also closing all local tips for two (deifferent for each tip) days a week.

enclosed in the mailshot was a load of info on what to do if you see people fly-tipping.

So they will save on overtime for about 12 people, rake in a couple of hundred quid a week from the few who are willing to pay, with the only outlay being a team looking out for fly-tippers and the added cost of tidying up all the mess. Give it six months:thumbdown:

Bah!

Same here in Chi .

Bah!

THAT'S NOTHING! The Local Authority halfwits in my area have decided to charge the public £25 a load!

As you say, save a few quid on operating costs at the amenity tip then spend tens of thousands on clearing up the fly tipping!

Absolute idiots!

:thumbdown::thumbdown:

Bah!

Same in Cornwall! Everyone said what the consequence would be, LA didn't heed and carried on with the plan and behold! Exponential increase in fly tipping...

My local green waste site had his planning permission declined so has obviously now stopped taking green waste. Early reports and sightings indicate that fly tipping has gone up. Obviously there are other factors, but in this world of waste that we live in, why would they make it difficult for someone who is trying to facilitate recycling?

LA`s are just a bunch of naive pillocks, make a charge for tipping and fly tipping will increase. They have put the squeeze on the general public at the Guildford recycling centre , no pickups, no trailers, and no commercial waste unless you pay, the result is fly tipping everywhere which the council pick up the tab for. They build these bycrikey sites to house the great unwashed and the level of local fly tipping goes through the roof, you would think someone within the council would have the nous to allow for free skips on these sites or at the very least dial the cost into the rent they charge.

Bob

Yup, it's all the dole scrounges fault, the daily mail said so.

If you squeeze the budgets for long enough, something has to give, and there is a limited amount of services that they can charge for.

Personally I'd rather they were funded properly and people didn't have to pay at point of use. I almost never use them myself, usually easier to get a skip. Probably cheaper now too.

, usually easier to get a skip. Probably cheaper now too.

I was interested to see our civic amenities site were going to charge £4 for car tyre disposal which the local tyre dealer does for £1.

I'd dearly like to see what fractions of the recycling stream at a civic amenities site make a profit over running costs.

Brick rubble never was part of the LA's remit, neither was greenwaste, they often used accepting of these wastes as a means to drag up the recycling figures.