Silky saw blades.

Paulholness

yeap snapped the end off mine on the push because the tree moved when doing the second cut on a v cut on a small tree (couldn't be botherd put kit on and getting a saw out for a quick job )

i put put too much pressure on the push the saw flexed and snapped there not indestructible

I didn't apply the pressure i moved the saw the tree moved unexpectedly, it trapped the saw while i was moving it , there was very little pressure on it , I was surprised it snapped ................... I know how to use a silky

I was explaining how it happened to me as it was quite likely that the saw got trapped as he pushed it forward to continue his cut .

You have to put some pressure on the saw on the push otherwise your saw won't move

he was also likely trying to cut quickly and by the time he noticed a problem with pressure on the saw(from the tree) it had already snapped as it is what i did

or it could of snapped on the pull ! currently don't know if that is the case hopefully the OP will enlighten us

Had a zubat for a good while and recently got a new blade,never had an issue with it yet.

Perhaps the build quality on the blades have diminished as with so many other arb related products of late.

By the way i wasnt questioning your ability to use a silky just offering up some relevant advice.

With my Silky blade needing replacement soon I was pondering the other day just how poor value for money they are in comparison to a saw chain in terms of wood cut per £££ or is it that saw chains are just fantastic value for money ??? ( hope Oregon do not read this !!) I still like Silky's though !!

With my Silky blade needing replacement soon I was pondering the other day just how poor value for money they are in comparison to a saw chain in terms of wood cut per £££ or is it that saw chains are just fantastic value for money ??? ( hope Oregon do not read this !!) I still like Silky's though !!

Its not that the chains are better value its just silky are good for some situations rather than a chainsaw like tight canopy or ount on a awkward lime walk close to body ect so well worth its weight in gold