Haix Protector Forest

georgetg123

For forestry type work? I don't actually own a pair but they tick all the boxes for me,

Goretex liner - If you must have a waterproof membrane it's the only one to have IMO unless you can get eVent or perhaps Sympatex. Personally I'd go without a membrane given the choice.

Vibram Sole - Doesn't get any better, again IMO

One Piece Upper - The best and the only thing that puts me off Pfanner Tirol Fighters, they have a seam along the side of the foot, stitched and riveted but still a seam, if it wasn't a weak spot they wouldn't have rivetted it.

Class 2 cut protection - well you may as well have class 2 everything else being equal

The only thing I can see that would make me stick with the Stihl Advance GTX is that the rubber rand runs all the way around the foot on the Stihl boot rather than just at the toe and heel. I'm not a Stihl user, the boots were chosen solely on spec.

I'd go for the Hiax in black if it was me.

bought new protector pros last Oct and by Feb they were about ready for the bin, Most our felling is wet slopes so they do take some punishment but my last pair lasted 4 years, 4months I don't think is good enough. I will be trying a different brand next time. Would be interest if these are better but I will take some convincing

Mine are over a year old, looking ok. 4 days or less a week of ground or climbing use.

Not very waterproof despite Nikwax coats.

Warm in summer and winter.

Lacing lock is pointless imo.

I found them not very comfortable in the beginning as one side was rubbing on my ankle bone.

Sturdy feel when walking around due to good sole.

Basically, I am hoping that they fall apart within the two year warranty period so I can return them and get some airstreams (which also fall apart but are better in general I think)

I brought a pair of these about a year ago as they have very high ankle support and having broken my ankle a few years back I tend to go for tall ankle support boots.

They were really really comfy!! However the sole was almost worn out after about 5 months and around the same time 2 lace loop/hooks broke off.

Thankfully these were replaced under warranty with another pair of the same boots because I was so happy with how supportive and comfy they were.

However to my horror the new replacement pair had three lace loop/hooks break off within 2 weeks of wearing them. Back they went to the shops where I was refunded and I'm now sporting a pair of these....

http://www.frjonesandson.co.uk/products-page/ppe-safety-and-workwear/footwear-accessories/chainsaw-protective-footwear/arbortec-fellhunter-xpert-chainsaw-boots-class-3/