Protos helmet - Feedback

Jay_UK

Evening...

Well I finally used my Protos helmet in anger and I'm a little disappointed with one thing (But overall it is a great helmet, light, not too hot, nice fit, great visor, etc)

But the ear defenders!!! Yes I saw all the reviews about them and their lower rating compared to others (most). I have some others which are the same rating.

I have them adjusted to the maximum pressure, but they still aren't that tight on my head. I did try the helmet before I bought (and used) it, and they seemed fine, but when using with machinery you can hear/tell they just aren't tight enough. If I gently touch/press them with my finger tip, then they seal a lot better and the sound level drops nicely.

Anyone got any suggestions (apart from get a fatter/wider head or use ear plugs)? :D

J.

I've been using a ptotos for a

two years.The defenders don't match the noise cancelling of say,Sordin or Peltor but with them set at Max i am happy with them whilst using a saw.The chipper is a different matter.The spring in the lid attatchment needs to give slightly more pressure.

Edited by silky fox

Put pressure on pfanner to make better eardefenders with their helmet.

Begs the question though...

Why buy the helmet if you were aware the ear protection was ineffective ???

Probably because there wasn't any saws or chippers going full bore in the shop :what::banghead::D

I'm pretty sure I had a conversation with the distributor about an upgrade for increased pressure for the muffs to seal out sound...this was was available or happening, but was unlikely that pfanner where developing higher snr protection.

I would contact clarkes to confirm this though.