Chainsaw Gloves

R Mac

Hi folks, need a new pair of gloves, need to be a decent fit, leather/Amara palms and very hard wearing, definitely not looking for the nylon Oregon type. If they can double up as climbing gloves that would be a bonus but not critical.

I favor the Sugihara Gloves from Rob D . No cut protection but good gloves . Never ever seen or heard of any one getting cut on the hand whilst using a saw ( on the ground ) .

Yeah, bit of a cod the protection element IMO, back of the hand isn't the most likely place to cut yourself I would've thought even if you were one handing (which you wouldn't be doing of course)

Will have a look at the Sugi ones , cheers

I'll keep them in mind when I need a replacement for the Stein depending on how well the Stein hold up. I'm currently swapping between the Stein and wearing UCI Acegrip Lite when off the saw. I'd probably go for the 'Classic Chainsaw glove' as I'm frequently manually shifting logs or preparing them for skidding out, all pretty hard on gloves especially when it's wet.

Forgot to ask, whats the sizing like on the Cutter gloves?

Pretty accurate IME. If anything slightly small, so if you are between sizes go up one. (Med=9 L=10 XL=11)

Being leather they do give a bit after an hour or so, hence my preferred size are a bit snug at first but soon loosen up.

Decent gloves, nice balance of feel vs durability and at £7 a pop good value.

Not being a climber I can't offer an opinion on suitability, you'll need to judge for yourself if they provide sufficient grip when wet. HTH

I use these as good value all-rounders:

Cutter Leather Work Gloves

Fine for climbing and certainly tough enough for general ground work, not branded or with a crazy price tag, tend to wear through the finger tips of the left hand first (which I can't quite understand) but with ½ dozen pairs always on stand-by they are great value!