Anyone care to offer advice on an off-road forklift?

difflock

My next purchase.

I will need to traverse areas of consolidated hardcore, but not "mud", though sommat on floaty tyres (like a Wiedemann 4512 or an Ausa Taurulift 144, but both too expensive, being new to the market) ud be absolutly perfect.

A JCB Teletruk, therefore looks the most likely candidate, but v heavy/too heavy to tow.

However if I dont need "reach", or can live without reach, should I/would I be wise to consider the Ausa C11 off-road forkift currently on offer on ebay.

Ausa Forklift.ausa C11 . Ausa . Forklift | eBay

I dont need to lift more than a tonne, and something so apparently simple has a certain appeal:confused1:

Though I much rather have hydrostatic drive than gears.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah!, on Ausa's website, with a wee video clip as well, quite good articulation,& being aware of the solid looking industrial tyres, I would need to consider retyring, but since 2WD , that is a straightforward operation.

But tyres/traction workable as is my my surfaces.

They seem to be aimed at fruit & vegetable growers for the home (Spanish) market, i.e. bring produce from the fields and load onto a lorry, so no great height(3.0m) of lift either.

But kinda "fit" with my likely or imagined use.

like lifting & stacking my 0.5m3 bundles of billets, weighing 250kg wet/150kg dry

cheers

marcus

Edited by difflock

Most of the bigger forklifts on phneumatic tyres will scramble about on hardcore ok. This POS I have gets about ok and will lift two ton to a height of 3mts, it loads onto a trailer. Downside is it eats £35 gas bottles and spark plugs , they are also bad starters in the winter. If it had a heart I would drive a stake through it, that said they are must have in a yard .

Bob

image.jpg1_zpsoa8mdi0b.jpg

My next purchase.

I will need to traverse areas of consolidated hardcore, but not "mud", though sommat on floaty tyres (like a Wiedemann 4512 or an Ausa Taurulift 144, but both too expensive, being new to the market) ud be absolutly perfect.

A JCB Teletruk, therefore looks the most likely candidate, but v heavy/too heavy to tow.

However if I dont need "reach", or can live without reach, should I/would I be wise to consider the Ausa C11 off-road forkift currently on offer on ebay.

Ausa Forklift.ausa C11 . Ausa . Forklift | eBay

I dont need to lift more than a tonne, and something so apparently simple has a certain appeal:confused1:

Though I much rather have hydrostatic drive than gears.

Have used one of these a bit...there mostly 2 ton lift and hydro drive. Low mast hight ( triple) for buildings and over all they get around well. Pis is not me but a example i found. They come in 2 wd as well as 4x4 , gas and diesel.Manitou 4RM20HP. 59767189d0bf3_ScreenShot2016-07-24at15_30_32.png.26012ba2c2421a81d1cb3dfdb277f25d.png

Edited by Sawchip

thanks Bob, my eyes glazed over when searching for "forklift", bloody hell, theres millions of the dammed things for sale!

And I was considering gas, or even electric, since I would only be running it intermittently.

Figgering owt diesel, would carry an uncessary(to me) price premium.

I REALLY REALLY WANT a babby telehandler, but way too expensive to be justifiable against my actual needs.

I hired a 4512 Wiedemann for a work job, and proper fell in love with its nimbleness and all round versitility.

Dent,

thanks for reminding me about the JCB 2CX option, Kramer I am aware of, since a few about local, due to a local dealership(as was)

Skid steer, not interested.

The Attack, hmmmm a possibility, but rather deal in NI or from a recognised reputable UK dealer.

To save travelling to kick tyres.

Edited by difflock