anyone know where i can get F clamps made by Fortis?

se7enthdevil

hi all, as per title really. i can't find any for sale or any info on the manufacturer except for this web page.

FORTIS ? quality brand for tools and industrial safety - Trade brands - Services - E/D/E GmbH

i recently bought an ebay lot listed as 8 heavy duty f clamps and it turned out to be these.

F clamps | eBay

300mm capacity and a reach of 140mm.

very heavy duty and as far as quality goes they are the dogs ging gang goolies...

i recognise them from ones we had when i was still employed and they were the best in the workshop.

would be interested to know if anyone knows where i can get some.

Not seen the Fortis ones but the Urko ones are by far the heaviest duty F clamps I have used and seen. Usual problem with F clams is sooner or later they start to slip on the main shaft but the Urko have a hardened serrated tooth to do the gripping. Only down side is they have a relatively short thread. Tilgear | Urko F Clamps | Design Technology Equipment Supplier knock Bessy and Sandvic into a cocked hat IMO

the bessy's and the ones on ebay all have the same problem in my book. the reach is always only about 80mm whereas the 140mm reach is so useful i'd like more clamps like them.

the reach only goes up on the bessy's if you buy long ones.

the tilgear clamps look well made but they have flat bars and i've always found them a bit flexible when really clamping hard.

the same problem is with the axminster ones, they are good for small scale but not for heavy duty clamping.

i have ones like theses 2 PACK - HEAVY DUTY 600MM X 80MM F CLAMPS - SOFT GRIP HANDLE QUICK SLIDE | eBay and although they are both serrated the bar is thinner than the fortis ones as is the castings and even the screw thread.

this is why i want to try and find them as everything about them is beefier thicker chunkier and just better all round.

i'll have to weigh one of them compared to ones i have from ebay which are closer to the fortis ones even than the ones in the link but they are lighter i'm sure.

Steve I have some like those and the URKO are in a different league of build quality. Not doubting the Fortis ones but if you cant get them think you might be pleasantly surprised. Happy to put some on some scales tomorrow if you are interested in how solid they are.