Fluid Intake

Plodalong

Evening,

Interested in opinions, I've been doing selective felling/thinning today in Northumberland, not in direct sunlight and during the course of the day I drank nearly 5 litres of water, I only needed a pee once, the other lads on site were gobsmacked at the amount I'd drank, clearly I sweated loads, is this normal.

Cheers

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm guessing it will depend on your metabolic rate and the activity you are doing.

i didn't do much on sunday but still managed to drink 5L+ of diet coke.

peed a fair bit today but not yesterday.

i've a fairly high met rate.

5l of diet coke! You won't see 50!

In all seriousness 3 litres of pure water should be the minimum for anyone working in this heat. A sachet of dioralyte in the morning and afternoon is a good idea too.

If you're seeing regularly it's a good sign.

Sacking off the saw trousers today.

Evening,

Interested in opinions, I've been doing selective felling/thinning today in Northumberland, not in direct sunlight and during the course of the day I drank nearly 5 litres of water, I only needed a pee once, the other lads on site were gobsmacked at the amount I'd drank, clearly I sweated loads, is this normal.

Cheers

Yes totally normal. I run a firewood processor and I work by the oil tank which is at 65C. Get through 5-6 litres of water in hot weather and probably 3-4 when it's cool.

i didn't do much on sunday but still managed to drink 5L+ of diet coke.

Steve, give up the diet Coke!

That level of consumption will certainly give you health problems.

I know from experience and now have only one good kidney. It's the amount and type of ingredients in the coke that the body can't keep processing and the kidney eventually fails from the effort.

Everybody knows the school experiment about cleaning a penny in coke, so that's some strong stuff you're drinking.

I gave it up and actually went cold turkey for about three weeks, really grumpy and feeling lousy. Now all I drink is water and feel so much better than before.