New Mora Knife

Haironyourchest

I wonder how many Arbtalkers have Mora knives? I just bought a Mora Companion MG in High Carbon, really thrilled with it. Have been using it to slice my onions, and literally the best slicer in the kitchen. Messed around in the woods with it a bit. Not the most heavy duty blade, but really in terms of achieving the optimum I think its outstanding. The one thing that I keep marvelling at is the sheath - its just so well designed. Plastic, but I like that.

£11.00

Back in the 1800's a working man would pay a weeks wages for his knife.

https://www.raymears.com/Bushcraft_Product/399-Morakniv-Companion-MG-Knife/

I have a few Mora knives, three and a couple of spoon knives. I've had them for years and they are superb for the price. They come razor sharp, I use the carbon steel and they sharpen up a treat without too much effort. Just looked and I have a couple more in the laminated steel with wood handles for straight whittling, a Mora 120 and a shorter one. Cutting onions will stain a carbon blade in no time.

Edited by peatff

Yes they're good all round carving knives, although I have a couple of the eric frost range for finer stuff.. They even have one for £9 which is still a perfectly good knife. I find you can drop the knife out of the sheath if you keep it on your belt so just pop an re-openable cable tie through it to hold it in place securely.

You won't get a better knife for the price. Brilliant little things, I buy the clipper usually when I lose them! A bit like the opinel, just a cheap knife that works.

How does it compare with the opinel? I keep an opinel 8 but I cannot keep it shaving sharp so would like something with a slightly harder edge.