New disc cutter opinions

donnk

Our stihl cutter is slowly dieing. So looking to replace. As its on the building it gets abused non stop by the subbies.

I did have a new husqvarana one on hire for a couple days and it was very good, dead easy start. They pretty dear to buy though and not sure how they will hold up on site.

I see Makita have a new one as well with better specs than the stihl and for a good price. Any opinions from owners ?

At last: a competitor for the mighty Stihl Cut Quick cut-off saw | Features | Construction News

Our stihl cutter is slowly dieing. So looking to replace. As its on the building it gets abused non stop by the subbies.

I did have a new husqvarana one on hire for a couple days and it was very good, dead easy start. They pretty dear to buy though and not sure how they will hold up on site.

I see Makita have a new one as well with better specs than the stihl and for a good price. Any opinions from owners ?

At last: a competitor for the mighty Stihl Cut Quick cut-off saw | Features | Construction News

Stihl every time for me, the abuse they can take and keep working is the reason they are everywhere. I have a TS 410 but probably should have taken the 420 as the extra disc size is handy for cut outs where the addition of roughcasting on blocks can stop you getting a clean cut through, Mind you there was a virtually new TS 800 on gumtree about 5 mile from me which was very tempting until I gave myself a shake and thought about how often I would ever use it.

Stihl every time for me, the abuse they can take and keep working is the reason they are everywhere. I have a TS 410 but probably should have taken the 420 as the extra disc size is handy for cut outs where the addition of roughcasting on blocks can stop you getting a clean cut through, Mind you there was a virtually new TS 800 on gumtree about 5 mile from me which was very tempting until I gave myself a shake and thought about how often I would ever use it.

ts410 are dead cheap for bits whats wrong with your old one

Husqvarna K760 with oil guard, best power cutter on the market, cant be run on crap, or no oil in the fuel, air filtration far supirior to Stihl, or Makita, actice air cleaning, X Torque cylinder, 12 or 14", easy to service, need i say more.

Why are hoovers called Hoovers, or cut-off saws called Stihl saws?

Using a borrowed Stihl 420 recently cutting the side out of a 90mm thick manhole ring, quite astounding, though a lot of that lies in the diamond blade technology.

m

Vacuum cleaners can be Hoovers or other makes as well . Drives me nuts as well . Silly really I know . :biggrin: