Narrow ride on mowers

SteveA

Stiga compact ride on tractor mower mulching Briggs and Stratton | eBay

This is what you want buddy, it's even got space on the back for your lunch box! Ps it's yellow

That looks good - I've seen Stiga mentioned a few times on arbtalk before.... are they good? I know little to nothing about mowers. cheers, steve

The Honda's a good enough mower in general but a real bastard to work on under all those covers, the spark plug is near on impossible to remove due to the angle of the engine

I have an mtd minirider 60 dse a nice little mower that I can even drive indoors it's that narrow but it's capable of cutting large areas

They look a very nice shade of red. :thumbup:

Does it have a tow hook at the back?

Also, is it possible to have the mulching discharge to come out the back instead of the side?

cheers, steve

That Honda is in fact made by GGP in Italy and comes out in many colours with different engines. The Honda version does of course have the Honda engine, whilst the Mountfield 1328 has a Mountfield (loncin) engine and the Stiga 3072H has a Briggs.

Stiga Garden Combi 3072H

It is actually a very well built little mower which just carries on going. I still service ones I sold in the 90's which are in fine condition.

Servicing and accessibility is actually very easy contrary to Richards comments, as the whole upper body can be tipped back for access within a couple of minutes, a fact I missed when I first serviced one many years ago. I recall feeling pretty stupid when I realised I could have tipped the body!

The little Stiga compact mentioned above on the EBay link (being sold by our very own harrythecat) has not been in production for well over 10 years but were an absolutely brilliant machine. I sold ever so many of them, even recall selling 8 in one day! Very well built, very easy to work on and excellent value. Well worth snapping up, as long as the deck shell is good.

That Honda is in fact made by GGP in Italy and comes out in many colours with different engines.

I was going to say! a lot of the components looks suspicously similar to my 'eden parc' ride-on here in france.

Mine has a B&S 13.5hp lump on it.

it was made in 2004 and still going strong.

That Honda is in fact made by GGP in Italy and comes out in many colours with different engines. The Honda version does of course have the Honda engine, whilst the Mountfield 1328 has a Mountfield (loncin) engine and the Stiga 3072H has a Briggs.

Stiga Garden Combi 3072H

It is actually a very well built little mower which just carries on going. I still service ones I sold in the 90's which are in fine condition.

Servicing and accessibility is actually very easy contrary to Richards comments, as the whole upper body can be tipped back for access within a couple of minutes, a fact I missed when I first serviced one many years ago. I recall feeling pretty stupid when I realised I could have tipped the body!

The little Stiga compact mentioned above on the EBay link (being sold by our very own harrythecat) has not been in production for well over 10 years but were an absolutely brilliant machine. I sold ever so many of them, even recall selling 8 in one day! Very well built, very easy to work on and excellent value. Well worth snapping up, as long as the deck shell is good.

Thankyou :thumbup:

I need to get a tape measure and measure the average width of our paths... most are quite narrow so I reckon it'll need to be a maximum 24" / 60cm cutting width.

Although it would also be useful to have something strong enough to tow a small trailer behind.

Ideally we would like to to mulch directly onto the paths, definitely not side discharge onto the flower beds.

The MTD lawnflite mini rider (60cm deck) looks about right but I guess not suitable for towing and from the photos looks like it discharges grass to the side.

hmmm

cheers, steve

Thankyou :thumbup:

The MTD lawnflite mini rider (60cm deck) looks about right but I guess not suitable for towing and from the photos looks like it discharges grass to the side.

hmmm

cheers, steve

You may want to rethink this one Steve, the Mini Rider is 83cm wide but only cuts 60cm, so you will not get close to the edge.

The GGP F72 models (as the Honda, Stiga etc) are only 76cm wide and cut 72cm, so leave very little uncut at sides.

BUT, the F72 does not have a towing option from factory, but I have put a home made hitch plate on several with no detriment.

Barrie