Tractor weight for crane

Timbermcpherson

I have a HK2955 farmi, its got a 5.5m reach, and weighs just under a ton. Im looking at fitting it to a 3 point linkage much like this

http://agraranzeiger.bauernzeitung.at/thumbnails/99044531/1016757/0c25e34a35aeb729d2f8e55d868542db_0x0.jpg

I figure my holder a60 is to small for it, but what sort of weight tractor (incl ballast) would you think would be enough to start with. I was thinking around 4000kgs.

Any thoughts?

I have a holder a 60 and use a hedge cutter and it's ok, does your crane have legs? You could fill the tyres with water to ballast, or what about double wheels?

The a60 is quite long as all the engine is in front of the front axel. I also have a loader which would be extra weight out front.

The good thing about the holder is its low down, send us a pic if you do it,

Rich

I reckon a tractor with a strong back end would be a priority, since presumably it would be tempting to drive /manouver with a load slung, an ould 6 cyl lump, designed for heavy tillage ops in its day would prob be good.

Thinking 399 MF

But obviously heavier and easier bogged/more difficult to extract, plus less manouverable.

I reckon a tractor with a strong back end would be a priority, since presumably it would be tempting to drive /manouver with a load slung, an ould 6 cyl lump, designed for heavy tillage ops in its day would prob be good.

Thinking 399 MF

But obviously heavier and easier bogged/more difficult to extract, plus less manouverable.

Hi LOCK great old tractor with PAVT CAST WHEELS AND water ballast to then have go old 6 cylinder Perkins engine hanging out the front keeping it down also good loader on the front two is going to go nowhere there are good on fuel to them 399 thanks John