Timberwolf TW230DHB

CTC Recruitment

Yeah you could but dropping money on hiring a machine to see what it's like when you're looking to spend 17k on? If you were buying a car you'd get a test drive of one regardless of if you know someone who has one! Why should you do all the leg work when they're the ones selling to you?

I take your point of course.

I suppose it's a few reasons, 1: they don't have to (it's clearly a good machine that's selling well) 2: I'd be suspicious of people taking a demo for a day just to do a job 3: it ties an employee up for a day, wages/diesel/wear and tear on the towing vehicle plus depreciation on the demo chipper.4:see number one!

I suppose also, if one was balking at paying a tax deductible 100 quid to hire a machine then 17000 is going to cause some butt hurt.

Just my thoughts mind. Could be way off.

Edited by Mick Dempsey

I take your point of course.

I suppose it's a few reasons, 1: they don't have to (it's clearly a good machine that's selling well) 2: I'd be suspicious of people taking a demo for a day just to do a job 3: it ties an employee up for a day, wages/diesel/wear and tear on the towing vehicle plus depreciation on the demo chipper.4:see number one!

I suppose also, if one was balking at paying a tax deductible 100 quid to hire a machine then 17000 is going to cause some butt hurt.

Just my thoughts mind. Could be way off.

I wasn't thinking a day with it, an hour or two looking over it and throw some bits and pieces through would do! The £100 shouldn't be an issue financially or you can't afford it, it's the principle of paying to try a machine you're looking to buy!

And I'm sure it's a very good machine, very tempted to get one in a year or two when finances allow! Just have one for me to look over!

You can always hire one from Orange Plant

I doubt it, they are one of the GreenMech dealer network, and have been for a while now! They could do you a demo with a GreenMech 150 which is the original sub 750kg with a 6x9 inch opening!

On another point, I have never charged for a demonstration of a woodchipper - if you are a serious buyer and the seller is serious, then a demonstration is part of the sales process and the gain is in the sale. There was a salesman around who did charge for the odd demo but that went in his back pocket and I am glad to say that that person is no longer in this game.