Help me, help you (Unwanted Hardwood) - Kenilworth, Coventry & surroung area

clearview

Hi fellow arbtalk forum folk,

This is only my second thread, so I am still learning, so apologies if this goes to the wrong forum.

I am not an "arb" person, but just a regular person trying to save a few quid on heating bills for my family.

I live just outside Kenilworth in a place called Burton Green. If there is anyone with unwanted hardwood, I would be happy to take them off your hands. My intension is to use them for my own use. I am more than happy to cut and split the wood as I find it an excellent way of keeping trim and the wait off!

Or if you have any ideas on where I could source the wood please let me know.

Thank you in advance

:001_smile:

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I am sure that one of the members will be in touch shortly but many have their own log businesses and of course there is sometimes a queue of people wanting timber as soon as its felled if the homeowner does not.

Just be aware that timber felled now will be very wet, even if logged up immediately it almost certainly will not be ready for burning this winter. Suggest the purchase of a moisture meter to check this, you need a MC of 16% or under for optimum results.

A

Hi Alycidon

This post was more in hope rather than expectation.

Thank you for the tip on the moisture meter. I will start having a look to see if I can find a good one now.

Thanks again

Hi there, we're based in Rugby but often work near Kenilworth.

PM me your number and I'll let you know if anything comes up.

How much can you reasonably take? We only really let people take the wood from our clients gardens if they can take all that we leave and guarantee to clear up after themselves.

Beer tokens always appreciated too :)