First arb job

joey5904

Well this weekend I have my first job. Luckily it's my sister that requires a small walnut tree and a eucalyptus tree felling. I've added some photos for any advice that everyone is willing to give. The walnut tree looks pretty basic but the eucalyptus splits in two. I was going to treat it as two separate trees working from the ground up on each. It's a lot of free fall but may need to lower the crowns. :thumbup:

image.jpg.e4e0767a546c230563c6a9b98244e43e.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't treat double stems as single trees unless it is for a specific reason, you can anchor in the larger one, then swing over to the smaller one, do the smaller one first, then get back the larger one, it will save you a lot of time and faffing.

Put a sign out the front "free fire wood (tips welcomed)" to get rid of the uke, its heavy, hard to spit and not worth the agro of doing any thing with.

You will be surprised how many fivers you get given for a couple of wheel barrow loads each one also saves you a tenners worth of work so your quids in :thumbup1:

Don't treat double stems as single trees unless it is for a specific reason, you can anchor in the larger one, then swing over to the smaller one, do the smaller one first, then get back the larger one, it will save you a lot of time and faffing.

Also if its co dominant stems dont be afraid to chuck a couple of rachet straps round them to hold them together before you shock load it when rigging if there is any sign of weakness at the join, playing safe and going home walking doesnt make you a girl:thumbup1: