John parker

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ATTACH]155339[/ATTACH][ATTACH]155340[/ATTACH]

I have been given this saw, can any one tell me if it is safe as it looks like a copy of a stihl

Chuck it in the skip. There was a thread about these a couple weeks ago.

It's a very poorly made, and likely unsafe to use chainsaw. Personally, I also would chunk it into a skip. I wouldn't even bother to give that to someone unless I happen to not like them much.

Yes, it's a chinker, they're underpowered, poorly built and generally the chainbrake works 50% of the time, until it gets a bit of dirt and then refuses to stop the chain unless the saw is at idle. It'll work for chopping firewood, provided you put it on a really short 12-14" bar and have a week to ring up. They're all based on the same zenoah (I think) but built to a minimal cost, so certain tiny details get missed, but on the same note, parts like the flywheel key are kept (I tore down an aldi saw)

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

if you are going to use it,check it has a chain catcher fitted, check the brake works(hold it 12-18 inches over a log and let it fall so tip of bar hits the log, this SHOULD activate the inertia brake, if it dosent chuck it in the bin,i personally wouldnt use it

if you are going to use it,check it has a chain catcher fitted, check the brake works(hold it 12-18 inches over a log and let it fall so tip of bar hits the log, this SHOULD activate the inertia brake, if it dosent chuck it in the bin,i personally wouldnt use it

What he said 👆 but make sure its switched off when you do it 👍

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Arbtalk mobile app

That only works if the chainbrake is an inertia type, I can never see the point of it myself, it only activates when held a foot above a log and dropped, what's wrong with the old fashioned way of putting the brake on? Less damaging than bashing your saw on logs all day!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App