Navara D40 Owners

Daniel Jiggins

I have read some of the previous posts about pickups and want to know from people who actually own one.

At 6ft 8" it seems to be the most comfortable pickup for me, Drives great but have heard there are transmission problems.

I'm looking at 2010 plate with either 169 or 190 hp ones I'm looking at have around 65000 miles.

Have you had any real issues ? Or should I steer clear etc?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 2006, bought it 4 years ago with 40k on the clock, done over 100k in it without any major problems. I do a lot of heavy towing and off road driving, it's not the best off road but it's ok.

Thanks Peter,

Got the Landy for off road stuff, It will be my car and spare work truck . Do you find it comfortable enough on say 100 mile trips etc?

I have an 07 plate one.

I do about 50 miles a day in it and it's very comfy to drive. Do fairly regular 100 mile+ trips in it. Prefer it to a car tbh. It's an Outlaw spec one so its got the cruse control and fancy gadgets. Done about 30k in the 2 years i've owned it.

As for bad points.

I've had the front UJs go on both end of the front shaft.

Set of gear box seals - now due another .

4wd sensor playing up now - could be linked to oil coming through seals.

2 sets of front disc in the last 18 months.

I do really like it. Get about 33mpg out of it, although I'm not sure I'd have another.

I have an 07 plate one.

I do about 50 miles a day in it and it's very comfy to drive. Do fairly regular 100 mile+ trips in it. Prefer it to a car tbh. It's an Outlaw spec one so its got the cruse control and fancy gadgets. Done about 30k in the 2 years i've owned it.

As for bad points.

I've had the front UJs go on both end of the front shaft.

Set of gear box seals - now due another .

4wd sensor playing up now - could be linked to oil coming through seals.

2 sets of front disc in the last 18 months.

I do really like it. Get about 33mpg out of it, although I'm not sure I'd have another.

I'm looking at the Tekna which is fairly well loaded with gadgets, One has done 100k miles job to know if to go for a lower mileage or perhaps a higher one might already had the jobs done??

I do a fair number of big journeys, 150-200 miles plus. Did Cambs to south Cornwall non stop in 6 1/2 hours once......

It's not a car and it doesn't ride like a car, but I like the seating position and prefer it to a lot of cars tbh.

Mines had a uj, seals on rear axle, and usual brake pads and tyres, but I count all that stuff as normal wear and tear.

I had a 57 plate Trek and have an 11 plate Aventura, i.e the basic models.

100 mile trip? I drive the 670 miles from Caterham to Caithness in April, breaking the ride in Newcastle. It is without doubt the most comfortable vehicle I've ever driven a distance and I take into account the £50k Merc I was driving yesterday (bloody gadget-ridden armchair on wheels!)

I've never had major problems but then I don't push it. The 4WD on the Trek played up a bit (locked in 4WD High) but as the vehicle was leased that was sorted under warranty. The issue was one very well known to Nissan, namely a small switch in the top of the gearbox.

Also there used to be problems with three transmission switches under the vehicle that weren't seated in fully watertight mountings (I kid you not - has been discussed on here a long time ago) but they were ~£180 a set a few years ago. Usually you just had to let them dry out for them to work again!

All in all I'm very happy with my Nav: funny how no-one shouts up for them like they do other pickups but perhaps that's down to the type of people who drive them ('my other car's a Volvo' - not!)

It wouldn't surprise me if Big J pops up in a bit; he's had a somewhat unfortunate experience with his Nav but he's been very unlucky with it, so much so that I think a free replacement a long time ago was in order. I feel for you Jonathan and quite see your point of view; you won't be buying another Nav!

Jon

Edited by nepia