Ya cant fix stupid, or a "failure to communicate"

difflock

Best example has to be the bunch of flowers delivered to Captain Blackadder in the trenches.

During an "O" group.

Baldrick is running around with the flowers saying Sir! Sir! what will I do with them?

Blackadder replies, "Oh for God's sake Bladrick, stick them in a Vase"

Baldrick finds an old shell casing that is just the right size, and proudly sticks them in the makeshift Vase

, flowers in stems out.

Exactly as instructed.

The camera pans to Blackadders face, which is pricelessly analysing exactly what he had instructed Baldrick to do.

And realizing that he had

FAILED TO COMMUNICATE

without any room for misunderstanding or error.

Real world examples to follow.

Edited by difflock

When my daughter was about 14 and very 'teenage' I asked her to run some water (as I wanted a bath).

After 10 minutes or so I heard water running outside.

It was coming out of the upstairs waste pipe!

Her reply to my rant was..

You only told me to run the water - You never said put the plug in.

A favourite of mine was on here but I think it was more a case of clever child. They said their kid asked for some chocolate and he said, ok but just row. He came through to the kitchen later to find the kid had just taken the one row, but the length of the bar and not the width 😀

A favourite of mine was on here but I think it was more a case of clever child. They said their kid asked for some chocolate and he said, ok but just row. He came through to the kitchen later to find the kid had just taken the one row, but the length of the bar and not the width 😀

That would be a column.