Chainsaw bar finish

MrNick

I've never had this before. I put a new bar( + Chain) on and started to cut some of my dry knotty logs, before i'd used one tank the paint had become really soft and essentially rubbed off. There is now hardly any left except the nose sprocket which has obviously been previously painted to match other bars from the same manufacturer. I'm not really bothered but compared to my oregon bars its pretty poor .This bar is a GB pro top and is showing no heat discolouring/ damage.

I had a load of GB bars 3 years ago where the paint melted off very very quickly - but the bars seemed pretty good.

I wouldn't worry too much but I know what you mean.

Try a sugihara bar - paint lasts a long time before showing any wear (sorry couldn't resist) :blushing:

but on a more serious note I would say the Sugiharas are the better bars in every way - and if you doubt it I will give your money back!

I had a load of GB bars 3 years ago where the paint melted off very very quickly - but the bars seemed pretty good.

I wouldn't worry too much but I know what you mean.

Try a sugihara bar - paint lasts a long time before showing any wear (sorry couldn't resist) :blushing:

but on a more serious note I would say the Sugiharas are the better bars in every way - and if you doubt it I will give your money back!

HI ROB thats sound good mate money back :thumbup1:thanks jon :thumbup:

I'm not really concerned merely surprised. Rob D it is a gb bar from yourself via ebay, old stock or something. I would have had a sugihara but don't think you had what I

wanted (15 inch 3/8, 0.58 K095 mount) maybe next time!