Ms200 carb

colwoodlandcare

Roughly the same prices to be honest. Depends on what you want to replace it with. The original 200t carb or an 020t carb.

And of course this is assuming that you actually need a new carb? What are problems that are making you look for a new carb?

Edited by Rich2484

Get spud to do " the mod " turns it back to an 020 carb I think . He did mine and its been fine for ages now .

This is of course if the carb you have has the accelerator pump in it. Some do not. These can cause issues.

A known good carb will eliminate this issue.

A vac and pressure test will also eliminate any problems.

The piston may be worn to a point and the retune is compensating for the loss.

My first step would be a known good carb and see if the problem persists.

TBH, I normally try a good carb but also like to pressure and vac check the saw and work from there, it is easy to compensate for a leaking crank seal with carb adjustment and end up with a badly running saw.

I tend to do a full refurb as it gives the owner peace of mind and a long term fix rather than patching the issue for now - the last thing anyone wants isn a tempremental topper!