Field repairs to keep going

Big Bolt

An excellent on the job fix and obviously saved much money and down time.

Can I ask how you got the old bearings out, does the plate come off to do that?

Did you have to change the drive end bearing as well or was it ok?

I will shortly need to change the bearings on my TW 18/100, it's only a small machine but the shop wants about £450 + vat (not VAT registered) and it's a 120 mile round tow to take it in anyway.

I'm quite handy mechanically but without experience on these things.

Any helpful comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

I will shortly need to change the bearings on my TW 18/100, it's only a small machine but the shop wants about £450 + vat (not VAT registered) and it's a 120 mile round tow trip:

Take it to Outdoor Power Tools in Derby. They are GreenMech dealers but, historically, theybused to be Timberwolf dealers and still look after Timberwolf machines.

took the back plate off and knocked the bearings out only one had a proplem the other looked fine , bearings done about 650 hours , changed both £ 20 + 2 new shims the large bearing was left in place as i never seem to have proplems with it , the good thing with the old entec simple enginering , bad thing the roter bearings never mind i have had it ten years and it has cost me about £2k in repairs and has made me thousands !!!