making use of workshop

delabodge

due to the weather and my lads out of action(one in africa,the other broke his leg sledging) decided to spend a couple of days in the workshop,

monday== rounders bats out of some ash,,,,,(pic of ash in snow)

today == garden lines,(from some spalted beech) and some t-light holders from off cuts from my chopping boards,(walnut) and bits of yew,,,,, waste nothing!!!5976632d60324_heartsandroundersbats020.jpg.f79af771e65aaa3d3bbf0987f579f133.jpg

5976632d622a6_heartsandroundersbats019.jpg.0fb770d870d7feea3ed0477f459e8396.jpg

5976632d63a2f_heartsandroundersbats026.jpg.49c497cdeef0d26b40a61fc3818e2bb2.jpg

5976632d65687_heartsandroundersbats032.jpg.51875f13c1175e29b97782b8b54b3dee.jpg

5976632d67350_heartsandroundersbats033.jpg.91412fa22a50d8dc10abe854158804d8.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

monday== rounders bats out of some ash,,,,,(pic of ash in snow)

today == garden lines,(from some spalted beech) and some t-light holders from off cuts from my chopping boards,(walnut) and bits of yew,,,,, waste nothing!!!

Very nice. What are you going to use the offcuts from the tealight holders for? :biggrin:

Alec

Good job. Did you use a copping lathe or done free hand for the rounders bats. Also I have seen the babies rattle you made silky fox on his thread ,well done with the wooden ring on it , I have a lathe but never have tried that I know you need a special chisel to do it

dexta, you dont need any fancy chisels to do the baby`s rattles,,just turn a cyndrical,,mark both ends, turn the ends, then using a parting chisel turn three beads, part either side of them, then under cut with a scew chisel, !! bingo,,the fancy chisels work but not needed.

woodworks,,,,,I do six shows a yr, the odd festival, but mostly word of mouth,,Im always getting asked if I have anything as somebodys birthday is coming up,,,,just about to start a web shop,,,,,

dexta, you dont need any fancy chisels to do the baby`s rattles,,just turn a cyndrical,,mark both ends, turn the ends, then using a parting chisel turn three beads, part either side of them, then under cut with a scew chisel, !! bingo,,the fancy chisels work but not needed.

woodworks,,,,,I do six shows a yr, the odd festival, but mostly word of mouth,,Im always getting asked if I have anything as somebodys birthday is coming up,,,,just about to start a web shop,,,,,

Thanks for that :thumbup:

Some more sterling work there mate, im beginning to realize that i should keep things simple, when im in my workshop for a day or two i make one or two or half a lavish thing, and im thinking thats not the way forward.

Two questions if you dont mind. Do you turn the bats green? if so any secrets to drying after. What sort or price range can you realistically achieve on the tealight holders? thx

James