high speed trailer

renewablejohn

Anybody in the know regarding rules for high speed trailers.

Need a bigger woodchip trailer for delivering biomass.

Have found this

1997 AW TRAILERS M10 tipping trailer sprung draw bar srung axle roll rover sheet super singles Trailers in Stanley, Chippenham | Farmers Trader

Which would be ideal for the job but would I be restricted to 20mph behind my MBTrac.

Yep restricted to 20mph. Cant remember the specs of mbtrac so can't say for definite, Only way to get above 20mph would be a mog or fastrac I believe due to air brakes, all-around suspension and a mechanical link in the steering.

sent from my office in the field via s3

bit off a gray area this the maximum road speed for an agri vehicle is 20mph so all depends what your tow vehicle is plated as some agri trailers are sold as high speed but unless u got a mog plated for road haulge u still carnt tow over 20mph well u can as long as u dont get pulled got a massy thar will do 40mph with no probs till we get pulled i suppose good luck and if in dought flat out!!

read this a while ago in the FW thought it might help!

4. Exceeding the weight limit

The maximum gross train weight (GTW) - the total weight of the tractor, the trailer and its load - is 24,390kg. Exceeding the legal limit is all too easy and GTWs of 30t or more have been recorded by Suffolk police.

PC Bryant's personal view is that he would like to see the limit raised because modern tractors and trailers could safely handle a bigger load. The existing limit encourages farmers to use a lightweight tractor, enabling them to pull a bigger trailer with a heavier load while staying within the weight limit, he says, but from a safety viewpoint that is not the best solution.

5. Exceeding the width limit

The regulations state that the police must be notified before farm equipment more than 3m wide travels on a public road. To ease problems for farmers and contractors, Suffolk police (and other police forces around the country) operates a special dispensation allowing one notification to cover an unlimited number of over-width vehicle movements during a specified period such as during harvest. Other police forces have similar schemes, he said, so there is no excuse for breaking the rules.

6. Exceeding the speed limit

Most tractors on the market now have a 40kph or 50kph top speed, somewhat more than the 32kph (20mph) legal limit for most tractors on public roads. A small number of tractors such as the JCB Fastrac and Mercedes Unimog have the braking, suspension and other special requirements to qualify for the "fast" tractor classification with its 64kph (40mph) speed limit.

It's down to a good driver or bad.

My car has a speed of 120mph on the speedo. Doesn't mean I will drive that fast.....

Drive according to the road and what you are driving. 24t will take a long time to stop, and those tight little country lane bends mean big trouble for going too fast.

I've pulled overweight trailers just by carrying a full tank of diesel in a John Deere. We had to limit the tank to half.

I don't get why they would call an agri trailer high speed anyway.