Timberwolf or Greenmech

blades

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For common usage (everybody's got one) Timberwolf.

If you want ruggedness and long blade life - Greenmech.

There have been loads of threads on here before, TW flywheel bearings are poor but machine otherwise OK. In my opinion greenmech is better.

I've had both and would not go back to TW . My GM pulls everything through and has never blocked since I've had it - its the same engine as on the quadchip.

This is just my opinion though

When I use my mates TW, I am always jealous of the chip quality and speed of feed. If TW made a more robust 150 with a wider throat and the same chip action ( ie, blades taking half a cut each ) I would get shut of the Bandit and get one no worries. But this 750kg tow weight thing is killing the robustness of many chippers

I would go for the TW but that's cos I don't like GM. People say GM are much better now but I have not used one for a long time thankfully so couldn't comment on a new one.

I was like that for years BUT now GM are very very good machines, better than TW now!

have you considered the jensen A530? briliant machine, the guy i used to work for had 1, we hired a tw150 for a day while ours was being service and within 30 mins i already new all its annoying bits, the organisation i work for now have two timberwolf 190's and i hate the daym things,

id go with a greenmech or a jensen,

GM every day of the week, TW are a poor and v old design to start with and what with chocolate bearings and ally fan blades!

I have 2 GM a 9" and a quadchip and both machines are easy to work on and well built.

GM every day of the week, TW are a poor and v old design to start with and what with chocolate bearings and ally fan blades!

I have 2 GM a 9" and a quadchip and both machines are easy to work on and well built.

ian, may have to have a dabble wi yr quadchip see how it perfoms :biggrin: