possiable pathogen in walnut?

ginger_badger

hey guys, just joined the site and was wondering if any1 could help....

i was performing an ariel inspection on a walnut tree yesterday (pontefract) and came across a strange white powder that looked to have been bleeding from a dark/black healed fault in a branch fork. Without posting the pic's i know it would be hard to get an accurate answer, but ill try anyways....

the black tear like would wound almost looked to have white dusty mould all around it, there was about 2% die back in the tree's canopy but with it being mid maturity this can be expected i know, there is no evidence of fruiting bodies at the base of the tree either... the only other noticable thing i found was on 1 of the other larger branches it looked as through a crack had erupted outwards

the over all health of the tree was good, apart from that i have specified

could any1 point me in the right direction towards a good tree fungi book?? any comments would be greatly appreciated.

iv been in the industry for about 5 years now but worked my way from brash monkey 2 tree climber in numerus companies.

...a strange white powder that looked to have been bleeding from a dark/black healed fault in a branch fork. Without posting the pic's i know it would be hard to get an accurate answer, but ill try anyways.......
Not hard, but impossible.

Posting pics here is easy when you get the hang of it.