Works going good!!!

Tree-Fela

Since i asked for work on here i am getting fair bits of work now and i am starting to get more work than i can handle. I am getting my kit sorted out now too as working all the time i have been saving it all the time so once completed my course i can then go out and get into it big time and have all the correct kit.

The one question i am struggling is with i dont know what to buy regarding lowering kits and any advice is appreciated. I have got my climbing kit sorted, most of me ppe, have got 3 saws now and i am just wanted advice on lowering equipment now.

Any advice is very much appreciated.

Cheers

Tree-Fela

Really depends on your budget and what you would lower and a regular basis, You can spend 1,000 on lower kit. Is there are so many options you could have such as a Bollard to a porta wrap.

In my kit i have

ISC 50kn swing cheek pulley

ISC medium cast pulley 150km

5 Big Dan Krabs

6-7 Slings

ISC small aluminium rigger plate

Yale Polydyne multi-sling 19mm x 8m

More details about Yale Polydyne multi-sling

16mm Marlow Bull lowering rope 50m

for what im doing this kit has worked out perfect for me, Have a think on how you rig large chunks or small chunks give your self a budget on buy what you only need/ What will get used on every rig no good having a RC3002 if it will get used once or twice a year, Justin has some ready made kits on his website and so dose honey brothers

My lowering kit consists of 50m of 3 strand, some wraps around the stem if needed, half hitches and running bowlines...

:thumbup1: fat 3 strand for heavy stuff, thin 3 strand for light stuff :biggrin:

basic kit can be as simple as an old climbing rope

add a flying capstan, propper lowering rope, whoopie sling for the capstan, lowering pulley and split tail for more refinement

My lowering kit consists of 50m of 3 strand, some wraps around the stem if needed, half hitches and running bowlines...

Blinkin ell Dom I know allot of gear seems ott but wraps round the stem are a pain in the bottom, get yourself a capstan of some sort and save your self some grief .:thumbup1: