wet logs

whiteoaks

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if your supplier deems it "tuff luck mate" then definitely time to move supplier.

i think it's well worth a polite questioning, to give the guy/gal a chance to rectify the problem. they should, if they're a decent sort, offer to replace with suitably dry logs or offer a refund. not worth the effort of burning unseasoned wood, remember what it does to your chimney... best of luck with it!:001_smile:

ring them up, explain, see what they say, if they aren't much help suggest replacement or refund. If still no luck, politely say thank you and goodbye, then erase the number from your phone/memory and move supplier.

Vote with your feet, its what all business is based on. :001_smile:

They should replace them or refund but to be honest they prob don't have any dry logs to replace them with.

Switch supplier until you find a good one.... Find one who'll let you come and view the logs.... I let people come and see my set up so they can see exactly why my logs are better if more expensive than most others.

If they're not happy for you to visit their yard then call another....

Find someone good and stick to them... they should then look after you and if there is a problem be quicker to do something about it.

A lady rang me last week to order logs, she said that she had bought a builders bag of logs from a local agricultural stores and they were soaking wet, she complained and threatened to take them to trading standards, they came to get them and gave her a refund, its worth a go.

If they have been sold as seasoned or ready to burn then you have a case. I would think you should get a refund.

I saw a guy last friday unloading an arb bag of ash no more than 100 yards from my showroom, sold as ready to burn that tree was standing last week, the moss on the bark was still lush.

A

I always thought and have been told that ash is the only wood that can be burnt straight from the tree? Dad burns some of my new stuff on his woodburner and he says it burns lovely) is it a myth?

It does burn very well straight from the tree, especially if felled in the winter when the sap is down.

But it will still tar up your chimney and will burn far better if seasoned for 6 months.