The joys of the Forestry Commission

Evening.

Went to my wood over the weekend and the forestry Commission have been on my property, they have undertaken the work as in the photograph in 7 seperate sections of my boundry.

FC are undertaking significant felling in their land and have crossed my land to get to theirs. They have a permissive right of way on my road which leads to the FC land.

The negatives are as follows.

1) They did not make contact with me to discuss / gain consent to undertake such work

2) They have made a mess of my boundry, nice tight holly in places before

3) It's a bloddy mess

The positives are as follows

1) After venting my views to FC they have agreed to clear up the mess and cut + stack all wood for me to burn next winter.

2) They have granted me rights to gather any wood from their land when they have finished their substantial work

3) They have also stated (not yet delivered) that they will give me a large load of the ash that they have felled. I can burn it but also if it is the size they are talking about, I can do some bartering etc with friends. Large is on the industrial scale considering the machinery they ae using.

4) An apology was given.

I have not been to the wood since and am waiting for a letter from FC.

The right of way issue with the general public and shooting parties is for another day.

Do you think that a fair compromise has been reached?

Photo0069.jpg.da7c6a05adbd0697c1414ad05c33160b.jpg

Photo0063.jpg.e763de6b3456e9e02682cfc8e0cf0176.jpg

if they have right of way to there land they are only ensuring the track is clear for there machinery , yes they could of phoned ahead , but the men on the ground would not have your number , and they could of sent you a bill to clear the track of overhang , best way is place a gate on the track where the key is held by yourself , then you will know all movments . just a idea ,

Sorry, there was no swearing or offensive language in my post was there.....?

I genuinely apologise if there was but I reaslly can't think what I could've said to delete the post.....?

Surely you aren't opposed to anti FC posts!!!?

The word you used was about as bad as they get, your post was deleted for the reason given.

if they have right of way to there land they are only ensuring the track is clear for there machinery , yes they could of phoned ahead , but the men on the ground would not have your number , and they could of sent you a bill to clear the track of overhang , best way is place a gate on the track where the key is held by yourself , then you will know all movments . just a idea ,

Well they could send one but they can’t make it stick.

The dominant tenement has the right to clear the width given in the easement but they can’t bill the servient tenement for the costs unless the easement makes provision for that, they usually don’t because positive covenants are hard to enforce.

Thanks for the replies, only just looked at them after a few days, Nice to see that a bit of contention has entered my post. Was not expecting such a reply.

'It's just lopping off a few overhanging branches' - sadly not. The photographs do not do justice. Try making holes in my boundry, but hey, you need to see it to get the full picture.

Said ash delivered, cutting it up tonight. Enough Ash for at least two winters. Said licence from FC delivered and Right of Way issue with the general public being sorted.

Not bad a result if I say so myself.

Anyone want to buy my large oak tree mentioned in other post for furniture, going to be cut up for logs if not.

Cheers