576XP autotune or standard ?

bythamboy

thinking of buying husky 576XP 24 inch bar do I go for autotune version or standard ... heated handles or not .... I'm usually a believer in keeping things simple , is this technology a help or a hindurance ? eperiences on a post card please

thinking of buying husky 576XP 24 inch bar do I go for autotune version or standard ... heated handles or not .... I'm usually a believer in keeping things simple , is this technology a help or a hindurance ? eperiences on a post card please

autotune sounds like a good idea,

having used the 576 alot would say its an increadible saw,, and backed with auto tune tech i would imagine would be even better

autotune sounds like a good idea,

until it goes wrong and has to go back into the dealer for sorting. Maybe I'm stuck in the dark ages a bit but I'm all for keeping things nut and bolt fixable. Modern cars have gone the same way - they're fine til something goes wrong and then it's all dealer serviceable items.

Sorry can't help on the 576 though, but only ever heard good stuff so far :001_smile:

That degree of electrickery is crazy imo. Saw manufacturers have emissions limits to comply with, not just when commissioning the saw but thru the life of the machine now, even tho it's never checked, field tests would have monitored and justified the gubbins. Can you imagine the headache when it all goes wrong? The dealer hasn't updated his diagnostic and you're saw is dead in the water for weeks and weeks. A screwdriver and a human in the loop = :thumbup: Of course, the system may be so rugged it never happens, but and it's a big but!

I wouldn't be too worried about the electrics long term, I bet there will be some clever geeks waiting to make a bit of money out of this one. Just like in cars where yes, the electrickery is beyond the general shed-mechanic, but I can rent-a-geek to give my car 35hp extra, or some extra torque or frugality (if that isn't a word it should be).

I'm not sure I'd want to be one of the people finding all the little niggles in the first few years, but then sometimes the first of a series are over-engineered only to be "streamlined" into a lesser product later.

As for the actual question by the OP does anyone on here have any experience with the autotune, it's nice to hear you all think it might be nice, but is it?

That degree of electrickery is crazy imo. Saw manufacturers have emissions limits to comply with, not just when commissioning the saw but thru the life of the machine now, even tho it's never checked, field tests would have monitored and justified the gubbins. Can you imagine the headache when it all goes wrong? The dealer hasn't updated his diagnostic and you're saw is dead in the water for weeks and weeks. A screwdriver and a human in the loop = :thumbup: Of course, the system may be so rugged it never happens, but and it's a big but!

Pretty much my thoughts - just took a 441 apart and found some sort of twin choke carb - made taking the head off a much longer job than usual and reassembly was interesting. Most of this stuff is down to the US EPA laws - they feel the love of the catalytic convertor over the water - most of them seem to rip the things out as soon as they can!

Going off topic - I see the 125cc Moto GP is being stopped and 250 four strokes taking over - are we going to see 4 stroke or diesel chainsaws:001_rolleyes:

Yeah and you can't tweak, exhaust port or transfer port a "brained" saw...

Diesel chainsaws - perfectly feasible. Tiny 2-stoke ones have been around for yonks haven't they - aka a glow plug engine in a model aeroplane, r/c car etc... I used to have a 1.5cc Irvine in a Veron Deacon 'plane!

I bet Husky go common rail and Stihl go PD TDI (unit injector) !!! :laugh1::thumbup:

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor