Pantin footlocker

Old Mill Tree Care

I bought a Pantin last week at Jonsies show. Used it yesterday on a Sycamore.

I've recently got a throw line kit and am determined to get good with it to save time and energy so I thought the Pantin would compliment this for making long assents easier.

Should have bought one years ago really! I got the left foot one as I wear a Saw Pod on the right. I also found that by lengthening the under foot stirrup a bit the rope grab was far enough out the way so that I didn't notice it while climbing around the tree.

What a great little tool. This isn't really a discussion thread, I just thought I'd share my news with you and recommend it as a useful piece of kit. Defo worth the money. :thumbup::001_smile::biggrin::laugh1:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

agree, these things are great, i have a right foot one, but like puching down on top of my right foot with my left ala foot lock style, as i found with lots of use it can lead to bit of extra strain on one leg, when i get some more free cash i'll buy a left foot one so i can swap around, also anyone checked out the frog walker set up? some cool stuff on you tube.

had the right foot pantin for almost a year brilliant climbing aid :thumbup1:

you can adjust it to fit over spikes aswell no more snacks in the tree woop

i use it for short ascents around the canopy aswell every little helps i say!!

slightly off key but was working with a chilean dude last year and he had a crazy technique where he'd have his climbing line up and down, then whipped out a lowering strap did some crazy friction hitch thing around both strands and footlocked like that :001_unsure:

does anyone have any ideas on what it was and how to do it?!

had the right foot pantin for almost a year brilliant climbing aid :thumbup1:

you can adjust it to fit over spikes aswell no more snacks in the tree woop

i use it for short ascents around the canopy aswell every little helps i say!!

slightly off key but was working with a chilean dude last year and he had a crazy technique where he'd have his climbing line up and down, then whipped out a lowering strap did some crazy friction hitch thing around both strands and footlocked like that :001_unsure:

does anyone have any ideas on what it was and how to do it?!

that would have been a klemheist tied with a webbling loop i assume

The mention of 'footlocking' with a pantin doesnt really sit well...a pantin is a mechanical ascender and footlocking doesnt enter the equation.

Plenty of videos of footlocking on youtube, but ideally you need someone to show you first hand