Searching for Novotny

Anyone know of any Novotny forwarders working? Have had a google for a dealer and can only find some for sale in europe. Have found articles about them being tested in North Yorks, but not much else.

The machine I'm after is 2m or less in width, with max wheel drive and a good capacity. Suggestions welcome.

For those interested in the Novotny, see below,

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5O_1doRk3w]YouTube - ‪Forwarder LVS5‬‏[/ame]

http://www.loader.cz/10241/vyv-souprava-lvs_510/

Edited by treedave
xtra link added

can't help on the Novotny (looks a good tool though), but all I can think of that is anywhere near similar is one of the 6wd Vimeks, but guessign the single front axle might be the problem for ground damage? Seems to be a few of them available second hand in Scandinavia usually or Caledonian are meant to be importers.

You don't need one of those, you need me with mine - I'll even knock vat off for you!

You said that you can't get in that mini lane with the might blue beast! Long term looking for a low impact high capacity machine contact. For all those nice flat bogs that'll need working when global warming raises sea level!?! Can u guess I'm sick of cliffs and windblow ?

U done your windblow yet?

My crystal ball tells me that it's the all wheel drive and low ground pressure that's the important bit :001_smile:

Errr yep, they're a thing of beauty on wet ground with tracks fitted. It's only the price tag that's ugly. Looked at the Vimeks, but had poor write ups on soft ground damage, only 4 driven wheels and a light build quality. I already have a knack of breaking things (stans winch line on one occasion).

Errr yep, they're a thing of beauty on wet ground with tracks fitted. It's only the price tag that's ugly. Looked at the Vimeks, but had poor write ups on soft ground damage, only 4 driven wheels and a light build quality. I already have a knack of breaking things (stans winch line on one occasion).

Only other thing I could think of would be an old mini Bruunett or Norcar, but they might be a little big.

talking of breaking winch lines, did he say about the time the skidder gave me a black eye? :blushing:

Now, a black eye off that thing is either a near death experience or just driving it off road! Will have to look at older stuff, but old forestry machines should come with a crash course in welding, agri engineering, electronics and hydraulics - all of which I don't have!

Where you working at the mo?

Not quite near death, and I was sort of stationary at the time (well the split second before hand) :biggrin:

You migth not have those skills to start with but you'll soon learn them when you have to. There was a really tidy lookign Norcar online in scandinavia somewhere which looked liek it had been well looked after and was only something liek £14K

Picked up a job near York which should keep us busy til early next year with plenty of thinning so not been over your way much, had a few days up there a couple of weeks ago millign for the Fort. Have you seen the nemo pics?