Highway drains into unadopted road....

swinny

Is any one up on drainage legalities?

For instance whose duty is it to maintain etc a drain on an un adopted road that takes highways water?

Anyone point me in a direction of who i can call etc other than council and highways?

Cheers

Have a look here swinny, if you don't find what you need I'll have a proper look tomorrow. The law as changed over the last few years.

Who pays for sewer repairs on unadopted roads? -

Is any one up on drainage legalities?

For instance whose duty is it to maintain etc a drain on an un adopted road that takes highways water?

Anyone point me in a direction of who i can call etc other than council and highways?

Cheers

Chris

There is a small stream running through my land that`s about three quarters of a mile long, into along its route are various gulley`s and pipes from the road to deal with rainwater that are highways maintained. The EA used to keep this stream clear but that duty is now mine up to where it leaves my property and goes under a culvert in the road, the other side of the road becomes another landowners responsibility. As far as I am aware I get charged to clear it if I fail to do so or if backing up of the stream on my section causes problems for others upstream.

Bob

Chris

There is a small stream running through my land that`s about three quarters of a mile long, into along its route are various gulley`s and pipes from the road to deal with rainwater that are highways maintained. The EA used to keep this stream clear but that duty is now mine up to where it leaves my property and goes under a culvert in the road, the other side of the road becomes another landowners responsibility. As far as I am aware I get charged to clear it if I fail to do so or if backing up of the stream on my section causes problems for others upstream.

Bob

Hi BOB that's not far mate if he does keep it clean down stream mate thanks Jon

Chris

Bob

That sounds about right. With regards to the other land owner... if their pipe / dyke isnt big enough for the volume and water is backing up and flooding my bit they are in the wrong and should be made to put it right by increasing pipe size or clearing dyke etc?

Chris