Stihl ms211 or Husky 435?

adam_coverdale

Hi

Here we go again...

IMO Dolmar 420CS much better than either & within budget

N

More power and better quality - much heavier and clumsier to handle though - it is up to the buyer to deside what is most important....

I would no doubt have taken the 435 over the 211, if nothing else it looks much better!

Edited by SawTroll

More power and better quality - much heavier and clumsier to handle though - it is up to the buyer to decide what is most important....

I would no doubt have taken the 435 over the 211, if nothing else it looks much better!

Hi ST

Agreed, 435 is better saw than 211, but for the money the 420 would be my choice, 369 Euros on Amazon.de. The 420 may be a bit heavier, but I dont think thats an issue here.

N

Hi ST

Agreed, 435 is better saw than 211, but for the money the 420 would be my choice, 369 Euros on Amazon.de. The 420 may be a bit heavier, but I dont think thats an issue here.

N

I don't know if it is an issue to the OP, I just posted it to make his choise a more "educated" one. :001_smile:

There are 50cc pro saws that handle better than the 420SC, and aren't much heavier - but the price is of course higher (346xp and 550xp).

Edited by SawTroll

I don't know if it is an issue to the OP, I just posted it to make his choice a more "educated" one. :001_smile:

There are 50cc pro saws that handle better than the 420SC, and aren't much heavier - but the price is of course higher (346xp and 550xp).

Hi

The OP hasn't really provided much info or replied so far, so cant really tell without a crystal ball.

N

Edited by NFG

Thanks ppl, will check out the 420, problem is trying to find a local dealer to try it out. Mainly using for firewood processing and the odd bit of tree felling.

Then you should look closer at the Dolmar 420, over the lighter and weaker plastic cased "homeowner" saws.

Thanks ppl, will check out the 420, problem is trying to find a local dealer to try it out. Mainly using for firewood processing and the odd bit of tree felling.

I take it that the 350 Husky didn't oil too well in the end?? Shame as it looked in good condition apart from the heat damage.