Second Hand ms200T or new T540 XP or ms201T??

The Tree Co

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally i would go the ms200T route.

ive bought 2 x 201 T in the last yr. To put it politely they are a pile of S##T!

never run nice from day one. always chokey regardless of tuning.

Eat spark plugs! no joke if u buy them buy 2 spare per saw, u will need them soon enough. so stars playing up then just dies and refuses to start again until a new plug is put in.

Never in 10 yrs did i ever change a plug on the 200t.

not used a T540 but hear they r easy to break.

got a 150 as well, love it when i runs nice but always seems like the choke is on a bit.

Been meaning to drill the exhaust on it, just waiting for the warranty to run out. Its not for take downs but great for thins and reductions etc. Biggest thing though is its light. after using it a 201 feels so heavy!

any body got advice for the 201 i would love to hear it as i hate them at the moment, feel like sthil have really dropped the ball on this saw.

Is it a smart move to throw 400 quid at a MS200T off of ebay? or go with a brand new machine? Also has anyone used an MS150?

Thanks

Will :001_tt2:

Just got a 200t off the bay that was in good order but still needed a few things changed on it, it's still worth getting secondhand if it's a good one, the ms150 is good for small pruning work not in the same class as a 200t but still a good wee saw.

Is it a smart move to throw 400 quid at a MS200T off of ebay? or go with a brand new machine? Also has anyone used an MS150?

Thanks

Will :001_tt2:

We've got all three. The 540 is by far the quicker obviously.

I liked the idea of the 150 more than I did actually using it.

We hardly use it at all. If it's more than I want cut with a silky then I tend to go straight to the 540.

My oppo has the 201 and he swears by it even though it's slower the the husky. The Stihl guy told me they will do a free upgrade on the old 201 (new carb and ignition) through your local dealer.

Its a no brainer....T540xp all day for my money.

If you spend £500 of your own hard earned money you're more inclined to treat it with respect. I've had mine a year now and its well looked after.

Yes it gets dragged around the tree on my harness and its still mint.

But the power and balance is far better than a 200t.

The only negative I can find is that it goes cold quick and needs choking.