Log splitter

Depends on the scale you're looking at. We use a Ryetec 40 ton to split down the big stuff and that will take up to 4ft diameter. The downside is it costs around 15K but you can probably halve that if you don't want it trailed or any extras.

There's a few companies but we went with ryetec. They'll also build smaller machines for you.

Only picture I have of ours;

DSC_0886.jpg.dc5814f2375787df4146cb0938c32439.jpg

Hi guys I'm new here. Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I've just bought a processor and I'm looking for a splitter to split the bigger wood down to go through the processor in meter/4ft lengths. Can anybody suggest a good one or where I can get one from please. Rob

Hi Rob and welcome,

We have a thor 22 ton vertical splitter from davies implements. Its PTO powered and will split 4 ft. Its been excellent and we've broken down some 4 ft diameter ash lumps with it, we weighed some of them before we split them and they were around 1.1 ton.

We haven't got it stuck yet. the only bad points are the winch and the side arms that catch the lumps so you don't have to reach all the way down to resplit. The latter appear to have been fabricated out of chocolate and the former is not worth having as it wouldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding.

Tom

I have a road tow uniforest, 10t. Made the table bigger so we can split bigger rings. All ours is ringed up, its a productive machine not as effective as the above machines but depends what your after.