Husky 266se/sg

flatyre

hey folks has anyone ever owned one of these? I know they're old but are they still usable, been offered one for £60 but it needs a side casing, read a few mixed reviews, would it be worth buying a sourcing a casing?

Not owned but worked on …

Basically its a slightly slower running but same cc version of the 266 xp mentioned above. I cross cut some ash with it for a tank..feels good to use and is no slouch in standard clothes . I would snap it up if you don't mind trawling for parts as and when needed.:thumbup:

All 266 machines were either se or sg ( heated handle ) it replaced the 162, both were very good machines, well worth the money as long as it does not need a shed load of parts, most parts are readily available, watch the rubber av mounts, they perish and will probably require replacing, fit the later knee link chain brake, they are still available.

All 266 machines were either se or sg ( heated handle ) it replaced the 162, both were very good machines, well worth the money as long as it does not need a shed load of parts, most parts are readily available, watch the rubber av mounts, they perish and will probably require replacing, fit the later knee link chain brake, they are still available.

I stand corrected..was under the misconception the 266xp was a bit faster under load speed than the 266 se …didn't realise they were effectively the same spec.

• 3 weeks later...
hey folks has anyone ever owned one of these? I know they're old but are they still usable, been offered one for £60 but it needs a side casing, read a few mixed reviews, would it be worth buying a sourcing a casing?

I had the same problem But sourced one from the states can't wait to use it now :thumbup::thumbup:

image.jpg.749544890f235a1f0be70bd49f1077a8.jpg

I stand corrected..was under the misconception the 266xp was a bit faster under load speed than the 266 se …didn't realise they were effectively the same spec.

There will be no difference in power (caused by design) between a late 266se and a 266xp - but the early (up to some time in 1985) se saws had a smaller carb, and slightly less power.

As with virtually every model, there were other changes as well during production, but I don't know of a single one that happened at the same time as the designation/labels change.

Edited by SawTroll