Body building price

simonm

This is what i have recently got quoted from Brit-tip to build a complete arb tipping body & tool locker on a Grafter...some of it seems a bit steep???

To supply and fit to your free issue N35 chassis cab

600mm aluminium aluminium pressed and tig welded tool locker

fitted behind the cab, constructed to the height of the cab x width of the

body, fitted with shelf and partition.

£2150-00

8’ Aluminium planked underfloor tipping body,

16” aluminium planked single dropsides

16” aluminium barn doors

Aluminium planked floor

Aluminium ladder gantry, aluminium planked headboard

1” galv mesh infill

Galvanised chassis sub-frame

Galvanised bearers

Aluminium chock rails

Body left in aluminium finish

£3800-00

Aluminium chip hood, constructed to the height of the ladder

Aluminium barn doors fitted above the tipper barn doors.

4’ aluminium roof section

£1950-00

Nett fitted to the rear of the body

£275-00

Ladder rack

£145-00

50mm ball and pin towbar including seven pin electrics

£395-00

16” LED beacon fitted to the cab roof

£295-00

1 Pair SD24 LED’s fitted to the rear of the vehicle

£230-00

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sure if you ordered 50 they would discount that a little. :lol:

You will probably get a better price for a one off from a smaller firm.

To put into context, that build contains at least £3k of materials and a weeks work.

[ATTACH]196423[/ATTACH]Had this made for 3k from Boulder tippers. Contacted Solent they wanted over 7k.

Was that built ontop of the original tipping body? Brit-tip insisted they made the whole body from scratch, a rough cost to shorten the existing body was £1800!

Found a few local to me builders i am going to try. What hp is your nissan? grafter comes in 120 or 150...the 150 needing adblue.

The tool box & tipper body don't seem too bad on price, as there's a lot of alloy needed to make that plus like already said a weeks worth of fab, but the tow bar & led lights seem a bit over priced it's probably a mornings work to fit that lot on, but you would have a nice truck once done,

I made my truck body myself and it still adds up in martitals & time, and good trucks are hard to find so next truck I get will probably be a chassis cab then off to a body builder to get a custom made Arb body made and I'm fully expecting a bill for 5K give or take

The tool box & tipper body don't seem too bad on price, as there's a lot of alloy needed to make that plus like already said a weeks worth of fab, but the tow bar & led lights seem a bit over priced it's probably a mornings work to fit that lot on, but you would have a nice truck once done,

I made my truck body myself and it still adds up in martitals & time, and good trucks are hard to find so next truck I get will probably be a chassis cab then off to a body builder to get a custom made Arb body made and I'm fully expecting a bill for 5K give or take

Its nearly 10 grand for the body alone, bear in mind the truck is around 24 grand, thats nearly half the price of the van itself!