cable bracing

malc

I have had a survey done on a massive twin stem cedar and they have suggested a steel brace low down and a cobra brace higher.

does anyone know where you can order a made to measure slings to go around the tree, to attach the steel cable to. I will need them to have a metal attachment at each end.

also a 10 ton cobra style bracing has been recommended higher in the canopy, but can only find this type of bracing produce up to 8 tons, anyone know any places to buy the stronger stuff

thanks

Not sure if you're on about metal slings or soft slings?

It's a little unorthodox to use soft strops with metal cable, but Treeworker supply bracing strops that range from 75cm to 300cm and are rated between 4 and 7 tonne

We've used them on a few trees.

Bracing - Treeworker

Have a chat with Nod about configurations.

image.jpg.668836d330556d9eaf2216781d7c562d.jpg

I also think that Cobra only go up to 8T, other brands may do different rating.

You use to be able to get this type of strop for static bracing but i haven't seen it for a while and i doubt they would do strops long enough for your needs.

[ATTACH]196217[/ATTACH]

That isn't static bracing it is still flexible. Cable flexes. Rod bracing is static bracing. Back to the point though I can't understand the use of two flexible braces if there is concern a high brave such as the cobra brace anda rod brace through the union would be appropriate. Using a wire cable high up if there is concern over the potential strength of the cobra brace or double up as has been mentioned.