Conifer Takedown help

padman

Hi guys I am really struggling getting any tree work of late. I am quoting quite a bit but just not getting them. I would say I miss about 70% of my quotes. :blushing:

So would love a bit of help with this one please if you don't mind.

The photos are of a tree I am just about to quote. Its a complete take down and remove stump.

Access is good through a gate and chipper will be very close as you can see. There is a shed behind so some rigging will be needed. Lot of stuff in garden so I cant just fell it in one go. Typical small suburban garden I suppose.

Cant get a big stump grinder in as it is through a gate I would say the stump left will be a max 3 foot wide.

Couple of questions is how long would it take you. I work with one other person who is just a labourer so i have to do all the chainsaw work myself for now, he just drags, holds ropes for rigging and pops stuff through the chipper. My old mucker has gone and left to live the life in Spain so this guy is new to tree work.

What sort of price just roughly should I be going in at. I have a price in mind so will see what you guys say first before i tell you what I was going to quote:thumbup:

Cheers

tree1.JPG.6cf132a67e5a73b5752c11ad4ec07cf1.JPG

tree.JPG.89789cf3eb2c1e49513e965a5129d609.JPG

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's a routine days work for two blokes so after that it's about logistics and what you want.

Can you get rid of the stuff locally and free?

If so, just for the sake of the thread, bearing in mind you are hungry for work, 380 quid.

Edit missed the stump removal 180 extra for the grind.

This price is on the cheap side, but would be more likely to get you the work.

Edited by Mick Dempsey

Id expect to have the tree down in a couple of hours, wouldn't fell it into garden regardless given how close you can park, cut and chuck and chip as you go should take no time at all. Pictures lie but with the stump I'd probably be around the £550 mark, if got no work on maybe £450 to get

It?

Hi guys I am really struggling getting any tree work of late. I am quoting quite a bit but just not getting them. I would say I miss about 70% of my quotes. :blushing:

So would love a bit of help with this one please if you don't mind.

The photos are of a tree I am just about to quote. Its a complete take down and remove stump.

Access is good through a gate and chipper will be very close as you can see. There is a shed behind so some rigging will be needed. Lot of stuff in garden so I cant just fell it in one go. Typical small suburban garden I suppose.

Cant get a big stump grinder in as it is through a gate I would say the stump left will be a max 3 foot wide.

Couple of questions is how long would it take you. I work with one other person who is just a labourer so i have to do all the chainsaw work myself for now, he just drags, holds ropes for rigging and pops stuff through the chipper. My old mucker has gone and left to live the life in Spain so this guy is new to tree work.

What sort of price just roughly should I be going in at. I have a price in mind so will see what you guys say first before i tell you what I was going to quote:thumbup:

Cheers

It looks like a multi step conie by the pictures given and useley on these the stump can sometimes be a pig...as already said I wouldn't go any lower then £450/£550 price.i personally would be priceing £600 to £650.the kicker is if you haven't got your own grinder...you looking at between £200 to £250 to do the stump alone...you're need to really be pocketing £350 for your part of the job....but again if you need the work you got to do as you feel is right and get some cash in...it's probably not you priceing high there are so many out there now priceing very low just to keep ticking over.

£480, nice early finish but still charge a day unless you think you will smash it out. it's always hard to price from a picture but if you think it's a days work plus grinding plus all the messing about clearing up and carting away. Do you have to hire a grinder or have you got one?

Good luck

Price don't always win,

In fact in procurment silly cheap prices are always thrown out as being un realistic.

This one is a perfect example how differently we all price jobs...we look at it in different ways...the price on this job go's from £320 to £600...clients make there own minds up but not just on the price...they either like you and get a good vibe about the way you bring yourself across or they don't give you the time of day.