Mitox cs41 replacement

Rob74

Only used it for 4-4.5hrs but it doesn't even have the power to cut 6" softwood.

I took it back & the shop set the cab up but it's still bogging down in the cut :(

I even rung mitox & told them I wasn't happy & now have no confidence in the saw, the reply I got was " I'm not suprised sir"

I went on to say how I was going to sell the chainsaw & buy something else even if that left me out of pocket. His reply......"I don't blame you"

Wtf is wrong with these people??

I guess I should have just bought a husky/stihl lol only problem then is happens if it goes wrong?

So what sold I get? Only want to spend £200-£250

Edited by Rob74

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only used it for 4-4.5hrs but it doesn't even have the power to cut 6" softwood.

I took it back & the shop set the cab up but it's still bogging down in the cut :(

I even rung mitox & told them I wasn't happy & now have no confidence in the saw, the reply I got was " I'm not suprised sir"

I went on to say how I was going to sell the chainsaw & buy something else even if that left me out of pocket. His reply......"I don't blame you"

Wtf is wrong with these people??

I guess I should have just bought a husky/stihl lol only problem then is happens if it goes wrong?

So what sold I get? Only want to spend £200-£250

As long as your fuel is fresh and clean, at the right mix, and always has been, then there is no reason why this 41cc Mitox should not perform as well as any other domestic chain saw. They are perfectly OK saws usually, although they do need setting up on PDI.

I have very close connections with Mitox and am very surprised at your comments about their customer service, they really are not like this and always take issues seriously. The response that you quote is totally out of character.

Of course, in any dispute, communication is the key, and there are always two sides to every story, so we cannot judge. But it seems that if your dealer is competent, but unable to get your machine working, then he should be able to take issue with Mitox on your behalf. I guess that with only 4 hrs use the machine is within its warranty period so should sorted at no cost as long as the problem is not of your own making.

I fully agree with what your saying & as soon as I find time I will be going back to the shop. The sope also said that it wasnt like mitox to have that attitude but I guess everyone has off days.

I do hope it can be sorted as I really do like to support local people.

I fully agree with what your saying & as soon as I find time I will be going back to the shop. The sope also said that it wasnt like mitox to have that attitude but I guess everyone has off days.

I do hope it can be sorted as I really do like to support local people.

Any idea who you spoke to? If so, don't name him on a public forum but drop me a PM.

Any idea who you spoke to? If so, don't name him on a public forum but drop me a PM.

I've got no idea :( I usually write names down of people but I couldn't find a pen, I've been trying to remember but nothing is working in my head lol

I've got no idea :( I usually write names down of people but I couldn't find a pen, I've been trying to remember but nothing is working in my head lol

Probably just as well!

After asking for his name I started to wonder what I would do with the info anyway. probably best to mind my own business:blushing:

Probably just as well!

After asking for his name I started to wonder what I would do with the info anyway. probably best to mind my own business:blushing:

I don't want to cause any problems for anybody I just wish I'd never bought the thing lol

Fingers crossed I get it sorted in the next few days. I have a new bar & chain that I'm going to try just to rule out problems with them.

it should cut like any other chainsaw the diy stihl ms170 and thats only a 30cc will cut that no problem but personally f you cant get it to run right try and get your money back and i would recommend buying a husky 135 there about £190 to buy

I don't know if it's me or what but i dont think its have the saw my old aldi one was, even the wife said just buy that husky 171 or whatever it is lol