Small logs for small wood burners.

cessna

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My splitter head is set at 12", so all my logs are 12" or below.

Some might be 4" long, you know how it is.

Requests for a load of 6" logs result in the doubling of a load cost, which to me is simple maths and economics, but I haven't had much success with that.

Well, none actually.

I couldn't be less bothered.

Are any of you getting requests for mini logs for small wood burning stoves,e.g

8"long logs, split so small that they are almost like large kindling wood !!!:cursing:

Yes some even want them only 6" long. chap even asked for them all to be 7.5" long,try to get them to take my standard 10" well split but some still insist on shorter.

Cheers Chris

Most stoves can take 250mm but some smaller stoves are 200mm max. Smaller logs lead to better turbulence within the fire box, more heat, better flame pattern but shorter time between re fills.

I cut mostly at 240mm with maybe one in ten at 200mm so that I can usually find one in a stack of needed.

A

I have a couple of customers take 7 inch logs and I now have them trained to give me plenty of notice to cut them. One customer is one of my very first customers I took on and the first year he had two loads of standard 10 inch logs. The second year he asked if I could cut them shorter. When I asked what he did the first year with the long ones he said he put the logs in as far as they would go and then just kept pushing them in as they burnt down!!