You get you pay for...

Luckyeleven

Now then, I'm not normally one for sour grapes, but this did provide a little chuckle when I drove past.

A while back I was asked to quote to clear a few mixed species which were blocking some advertising.

This being during a slow spell, I put in a VERY competitive price, and walked away fairly confident that I would win the job.

I was then told that someone had put in a price at less than HALF what I had quoted.....This bothered me for quite a while afterwards, wondering how it was possible to do the job so cheaply and even made me question my own prices.

That was until yesterday when I drove past and saw the devastation...I slept a little easier last night. :001_tt2:

Now then, I'm not normally one for sour grapes, but this did provide a little chuckle when I drove past.

A while back I was asked to quote to clear a few mixed species which were blocking some advertising.

This being during a slow spell, I put in a VERY competitive price, and walked away fairly confident that I would win the job.

I was then told that someone had put in a price at less than HALF what I had quoted.....This bothered me for quite a while afterwards, wondering how it was possible to do the job so cheaply and even made me question my own prices.

That was until yesterday when I drove past and saw the devastation...I slept a little easier last night. :001_tt2:

Know that feeling all to well......problem is i doubt they even realise it

Some people's satisfaction level reflects how much they paid and they turn a blind eye to the bodges (as someone said before - do they even realise its a bad job).

I have a close relative who will cycle all over town to get the cheapest of everything. If they end up with grissly horid tasting meat they don't care as long as was cheap.

NEVER worry about customers like this. Eventually someone will tell them it was a rubbish job. Just keep working to your standards and your prices and the right sort of customer will come to you.

Here endeth todays lesson....

I had an interesting chat with a car dealer yesterday, I noticed he sells vans and mentioned it. " oh yes" he said, "we never used to but when the recession hit car sales dropped so we tried a few vans out of desperation. They sold like hot cakes, it was mostly people who had been made redundant and were going self employed as gardeners..."

That says it all really.

I priced a job at 480 the other day, she'd had another quote at 180...