Pressure washing...

Little Butch

Does anybody offer this as a service or actively advertise for it?

Just something I've been thinking about. Can get something like in the link below for £1500, chuck an ibc tank in the back of my 110 hicap and off you go...?

If so how do you price it?

There's a few local companies on google but most seem to just advertise for driveways, missing half the market, surely.

Honda Gx 390 Petrol Pressure washer Jetwasher business start up pckage | eBay

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Caravan parks, lorry yards, shop fronts, boats... Just to name a few.

Most of those places will already have cleaning kit of there own. Small pressure washers are cheap as chips and well up to the job, I used a 99 quid Karcher for 3 years before it croaked

Domestic customers might want wheelie bins doing but its a cold wet nasty way to earn a crust

Depends on the job at hand whether cheap domestic washers are up to the task. I'm talking about a professional back to new kind of job... But I guess that depends whether the demand is there and people are willing to pay for it.

An old work colleague/friend used to have a tow behind pressure washer and he cleaned out farms etc... Said he made good money.

Just putting the feelers out, doing the research so any constructive criticism is appreciated :)

This sounds altogether like a new business, entirely separate from tree work etc that I assume you do already.

I wouldn't offer this as a service from my existing company - I would set up again as a new enterprise meaning that you get a new set of tax allowances etc.

Strictly speaking you could hire equipment from one of your companies to the other eg the use of the 110 hicab, as it can't be an asset in both businesses, but this can just be a paper exercise.

If you think you have a market for this then go for it, but I would have a word with the accountant to make sure I get the best deal for tax allowances and discounts etc.

Depends on the job at hand whether cheap domestic washers are up to the task. I'm talking about a professional back to new kind of job... But I guess that depends whether the demand is there and people are willing to pay for it.

An old work colleague/friend used to have a tow behind pressure washer and he cleaned out farms etc... Said he made good money.

Just putting the feelers out, doing the research so any constructive criticism is appreciated :)

I do drain maintenance on two holiday parks for a big leisure company, also do the winter shut-down work (repairing/replacing) broken drain/sewers.

They asked me to quote on cleaning the park homes/caravans....... Make sure that you explain that if the units suffer water ingress you will not be held responsible (get this in writing), if you get asked to wash an owners caravan make sure they are there when you are doing it, water in caravans/ static homes makes a real mess!

If you go down the driveway route are you going to offer to re-point after you have blown the cement out of the joints?, are you going to re-sand joints in block paving? Are you going to seal the surface once you have finished the cleaning?

I've also used high pressure water to cut out concrete.

There is more to working with high pressure water than meets the eye!