Keeping kit clean.

Ian C

Just wondered if its so much better to have a hot washer for jetting trucks, chippers and grinders off that a standard cold washer, obviously hot cleans better but there expensive and seem to be very problematic with the heating elements etc, just wondered what others did before I buy one.

Yes, much better. I bought a secondhand Karcher 601 from a dealer,f ully reconditioned for £800.

Main thing is to store it somewhere frost free, the amount of use it gets, an hour or so a week, it will go indefinitely.

If your going reconditioned there is a funny little Italian bloke up in Hunslet that will do you a really good machine at the right money. I found him when I was working up there a few weeks ago. He'd got a half a warehouse full of crap and the other half full of really decent reconditioned washers.

Thanks guys, much appreciated. will go for a hot one then, No jonny I wont get a hong kong skip a long one, a re conned karcher or the likes.

Thanks eggs, might sniff him out.

No need to sniff him out mate, I'll (read as, Mrs Egg) will have his contact details if ya want them.

Thanks Eggs! Is he hard work?

He was hard work for me to understand on the phone, when I got there, there was a Yorkshire lad that was just as hard work to understand.:001_tt2:

To be fair he got me out of trouble when I was up there, my jetter blew the swivel joint, he hadn't got one on the shelf, he jumped in his van and got me one within the hour, at the right money.

Worth a call/look-in, I'd say.:thumbup1: