CONFOR show 2015

An exciting addition to this years show is the Forestry Workers Zone. :thumbup1:

Kindly supported by Confor, we will be providing a series of workshops and talks for those working on the 'wood face' of the industry, as well as a place to hang out and network with others in the industry, with 3 tea, coffee and biscuits.

This is a fantastic opportunity to learn from some of the best in the field, and we'll be holding 2 competitions with SUGI HARA bars and chains donated by Chainsawbars.co.uk as prizes. There will be a classifieds board to buy, sell, find work or offer services.

The program includes-

Dave Rosseny, Felling effiency and ergonomic handling.

Chris Hughs, Managing risk on site the easy way.

Peter Harmer, Forwarder or Horse- Appropriate extraction methods.

Mike Bentley, Export opportunities for Poplar and ash.

Gillian Clark, FISA update.

Grown in Britain, how to obtain GIB licensing.

Toby Allen, how to apply Japanese manufacturing philosophy to a woodland business.

NCFED, restoring hazel coppice

Steve Faulks, the new forestry apprentice scheme and how you can help.

On Friday afternoon there will be a Q+A discussion with the theme of How can we improve efficiency/safety/profitability in a disjointed sector?

I think we can all agree this is a great excuse to take a day off work to come to the show. If we can prove this area is useful and popular hopefully we can build on it in the future. Any feedback or suggestions are gladly accepted.

Any one is welcome and all the workshops and activities are FREE.:thumbup:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Tim,

Most of the workshops and seminars will be on both days apart from the FISA update and Q+A.

I will put the timings for them up here nearer the day, when we have a better idea of what else will be going on at the show.

For those of us with back pain we'll be displaying some of the great literature from BCForestsafe with simple exercises for the back and neck. There is also brilliant literature on keeping hydrated and fit to fell, we'll bring this along too.

• 2 weeks later...

We've decided on the competitions to win the SUGI HARA bars from chainsawbars.co.uk, so start practising.

1/ The favourite classic; take the bar and chain off and on again in the fastest time to win the bar and chain.

2/ Hold the saw at arms length for the longest to win the bar and chain.

I'll post more details about the timings for the sessions in the next week or so.

We'll be in stand D5.

This looks like an excellent addition to the show. Having been on one of Dave Rossney's Coppice Harvesting Efficiency Courses some years ago, I can guarantee that you will learn a lot from one of the best trainer / assessors around.

Gutted that I can't make it this year as I will be away. Oh well....