Conservation area tree works

BTS

Got a job coming up in a conservation area 3 trees to be dismantled and a number pruned the house holder has assured me they have give the council notice, and have been given permission to go a head with the works, I have checked on council website and I'm unable to find detail, and as yet unable to get hold of tree officer. If I get the home owner to sign a contract to the effect that he has relevant permission for the works does this cover me from any come back if he is telling porky's.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you need to inform the owners that the consent form is A, out of date and B, there's no detailed information on works to be carried out! Which of cause is completely irrelevant anyway. If there's no record of the new proposed works or a copy of the conservation application on the councils website then chances are there's been no recent one done. If I where you then I'd hold fire until there's light on the situation or you apply for the works yourself :)

In 20+ years I've never heard of or seen anything called a "consent form".

I send in my notice and one of three things happen, they may send me an email or letter saying they don't intend to TPO the trees so I'm free to continue immediately or they TPO the trees or I hear nothing, the six weeks pass and we carry out the work.

In this instance I would ask to see a copy of the notice that was submitted and evidence of the date the council received it or ring the council and see if they are happy that the correct procedure has been followed.

In 20+ years I've never heard of or seen anything called a "consent form".

I send in my notice and one of three things happen, they may send me an email or letter saying they don't intend to TPO the trees so I'm free to continue immediately or they TPO the trees or I hear nothing, the six weeks pass and we carry out the work.

In this instance I would ask to see a copy of the notice that was submitted and evidence of the date the council received it or ring the council and see if they are happy that the correct procedure has been followed.

We fill out designated conservation consent forms then we receive a acknowledgement letter then they make a decision on wether or not to TPO. We then wait for the application to be granted as you say 6 weeks ish!

We receive the granted works letter through with what works we've stated and proceed with the work :)