Kanga leader log grab advice

GreenCoToM

Hi need a bit of help or advice I would love one of the Vermeer loaders with the log grab fitted to it but I currently run a kanga due to narrow access work I am after a log grab for it but kanga are saying they can get me one but it will be very heavy does anyone know or own one that would suit the machine or be able to point me in the right direction of a better grab thanks in advance tom

Does the kanga only lift 100kg max or something? i think riko do smaller grabs but you may need to fabricate a mount so that will eat into the lift but I'm sure it will happily lift all day 50-60 kg lumps without getting a sore back :001_smile:

it does look out of proportion in the picture it was taken on an old nokia i think from the centre of the bollard to the centre of the grab is 500mm it works well when it was built it had to lift a bag of logs into the back of the van thats why the mast part is quite high when you tilt it forward it gets quite a good reach

Edited by Breezeblock

it does look out of proportion in the picture it was taken on an old nokia i think from the centre of the bollard to the centre of the grab is 500mm it works well when it was built it had to lift a bag of logs into the back of the van thats why the mast part is quite high when you tilt it forward it gets quite a good reach

Hi mate if it works well that's good it the pic as you say thanks 👍Jon

That looks great exactly what I am after I run a kanga kid due to its narrowness lifts about 350kg but have modified our machine with bigger lift arms weights etc so ours lifts about half a ton easy I will give riko a call cheers for the responses

How did you get the kanga to lift that? the manufacture says the kid only lifts 100kg, i had a shot of one on hire and it was very limited in its lifting ability, what have you modified to get the extra lift, really interested as its what put me off getting one. cheers

did you change the rams? any chance of a picture.

Changed the ram and I have fabricated a new rear for the machine which has weights built in to it so it weighs the back end down for lifting and underneath extra steel to strengthen machine up once it's all finished I will post some pics as it's still work in progress I like the Kanga machines any machine is better than no machine u soon find many uses for it just wished it lifted a bit higher that's all really