Echo carving ready set ups now on chainsawbars

Rob D

Started to list carving set ups on CSB website. Put in 'arbtalk' as the voucher code for additional free throw in.

We now have a good stock of genuine Echo 1/4" sprockets and have changed these over onto the Echo 280-WES and Echo 360-WES saws so they come fully carving ready. Will keep adding variations to what is there now to also include the very small R7 Sugi bars (7mm radius nose compared to a dime tip which is 9mm-10mm radius nose).

:001_smile:

Go here (prices are +vat) Products for the category: Special Offers

:001_smile:

Capture.PNG.13d3da9f6ab339a226cf1caf7afb1720.PNG

Ah - you're the fellow got that off Lee at GoMowers!

How are you finding that bar? It is a new shape and design - and I think you have the new Echo 390 as well?

I will get a narrower version next time - but the wide belly should mean that the chain is less likely to pull off - although cutting curves is much harder.

I'm going to try one on an Echo 550 but running 91vxl or maybe the Stihl PS3. Should be awesome for bore cutting...

:biggrin:

The bar is great Rob.

Not had much chance with it yet, chain is still stretching and bedding in, but certainly quick in the cut on the 390. Lee is sick as a pig:-)

Probably a good idea to run 91vxl on a 550. Don't think the 1/4 chain would stand it, I'm probably at the top end of what it will stand with any degree of safety.

Thanks again.

Ian

• 4 weeks later...

OK Rob, I've had a little while now to use this combo, plus the CS390ESX has had a chance to start running in.

My initial thoughts have not wavered, it is an awesome combination and you are right about it's abilities to bore cut. :)

Chain tension is quite critical, as too loose will have the chain coming out of the groove on re-entry to the saw, especially when cutting curves, but the shape of the bar means that the difference between too tight and too loose is only 1/4 turn of the adjuster.

My mate, who I carve with regularly, absolutely loves it. The phrase 'hot knife through butter' springs to mind.

Again, many thanks.

OK Rob, I've had a little while now to use this combo, plus the CS390ESX has had a chance to start running in.

My initial thoughts have not wavered, it is an awesome combination and you are right about it's abilities to bore cut. :)

Chain tension is quite critical, as too loose will have the chain coming out of the groove on re-entry to the saw, especially when cutting curves, but the shape of the bar means that the difference between too tight and too loose is only 1/4 turn of the adjuster.

My mate, who I carve with regularly, absolutely loves it. The phrase 'hot knife through butter' springs to mind.

Again, many thanks.

Great - thanks for the feedback - very much appreciated especially on new design bars :biggrin: